KVOK & HOT 101.1 OFFICIAL RULES
The Kodiak Island Broadcasting Company Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliated companies (collectively, the “Company”), will conduct its contests substantially as described in these general contesting rules. By participating, each participant agrees as follows:
The Company may from time to time conduct contests concurrently and simultaneously on multiple radio stations owned by the Company. The Company may add or remove participating stations, or change call letters of any station at any time during a contest as announced on the affected station.
- Prize(s). The prize(s) that may be awarded to the eligible winner(s) are not transferable, redeemable for cash, or exchangeable for any other prize(s). All prizes must be redeemed from the Company within ninety (90) days of the contest end date unless otherwise stated in the contest’s official rules. Certain prizes are date specific (i.e. concerts, trips) and the winner(s) must be available on the dates specified. If a winner cannot be contacted or is disqualified for any reason, the Company reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or not to award that winner’s prize, in the sole discretion of the Company. The Company and affiliated sponsors are not liable for the failure of any third-party prizes. The Company reserves the right to not award third-party prizes to contestants who have, in the sole judgment of the Company, failed to comply with terms of previous contests run by the Company.
- Eligibility and Limitations. Participants and winner(s) must be U.S. residents. All entrants must be legal residents of the state of Alaska. If the winning entrant is found to live outside this specific region, they will subsequently be disqualified and a new winner will be chosen. Selected winners must be at least 18 years of age, or 21 years of age for flyaway prizes. For flyaway contests, all flights will depart from and return to Kodiak Airport (ADQ) unless otherwise specified. Flyaway contests are not open to minors. If a non-flyaway contest is open to minors, a parent or guardian of any prize winner who is a minor must sign a release on behalf of the minor to be eligible to receive the prize(s), but the Company reserves the right to refuse to award a prize to, or on behalf of, any minor. Unless otherwise stated in the official contest rules, the Company will allow only one (1) entry per person per day, only one (1) prize per person for each contest, and only one (1) prize valued at $600 or more per household within any six (24) month period. If the contest involves listener participation by voting for a contest participant on the participating radio station’s website, then voting is limited to one (1) vote per person unless otherwise specified. If a contestant receives multiple and/or irregular votes from the same user or users, regardless of the source, the Company reserves the right to disqualify the contestant in its sole discretion. Employees of the Company, the contest’s participating sponsors, and their advertising agencies, employees of other radio or television stations, and members of the immediate family of any such persons are not eligible to participate and win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws,” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation, or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related.
- Telephone and Delivery Disclaimer. If a contest is a call or text in to win contest and/or a telephone is needed to participate in the contest, participants are restricted to the use of ordinary telephone equipment. Participants that enable the “Caller ID” block function will not be allowed to participate unless they enter their correct area code and telephone number if prompted, or disable the features inhibiting their participation in the contest. Participants using equipment not set up for toll free phone exchanges (800, 888, 877, 866, etc.) may experience call connection problems. The Company disclaims all liability for the inability of a participant to complete or continue a telephone call due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, acts beyond the Company’s control, or otherwise. For all contests the Company disclaims all liability for any delays, misdelivery, loss, or failure in the delivery of any item sent by mail, courier, express, electronic transmission, or other delivery method. The Company is not responsible for mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, telephone, computer, hardware, or software errors, malfunctions or failures of any kind, including: failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed transmission of online entries, traffic congestion on telephone lines, the Internet, or at any website, or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit an online entrant’s ability to participate in the contest, and any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any information necessary to participate in the contest. Entry forms in a register-to-win contest must be handwritten. No photocopies or mechanical reproductions of entry forms will be permitted.
- Voting Contests. By participating in the voting portion of any contest, each voting participant agrees to be bound by the official contest rules. Voting is limited to one vote per verified email address unless otherwise specified. If a contest receives multiple and/or irregular votes or multiple votes from the same user or users, including but not limited to, votes generated by a robotic, programmed, script, macro, other automated means or other source, the Company reserves the right to disqualify the entrant in its sole discretion. If the contest includes the use of an internet tool and the internet voting process fails to operate properly or appears to be tampered with or tainted with errors, fraud, or unfair practices, the Company reserves the right to use another means to determine the winner(s), i.e. random selection or appointing a panel of judges. All decisions of the judges are final.
- Publicity; Use of Personal Information. By participating, where allowed by law, all participants and winner(s) grant the Company exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices, videotape, and likenesses in connection with promotion of this and other contests and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use. By participating in the contest, where allowed by law, participants agree that the Company may disclose personal information obtained from participants in the contest to third parties and use such information for marketing and other purposes.
- Consumer Created Content. If the entry for the contest includes any creative material from the participant, including but not limited to, consumer created content, by submitting your entry: (1) you agree that your disclosure is gratuitous, unsolicited, and without restriction and will not place the Company or contest sponsors under any fiduciary or other obligation, that the Company is free to disclose the ideas on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to you; (2) you acknowledge that, by acceptance of your submission, the Company and contest sponsors do not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to sponsor, or developed by their employees, or obtained from sources other than you; (3) you are verifying that you are the owner and producer of the submitted material and that no third party ownership rights exist to any material submitted, and (4) you are hereby granting the Company a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable (through multiple tiers) right and license to use, publish, reproduce, display, perform, adapt, modify, distribute, have distributed, and promote such content in any form, in all media now known or hereinafter created, anywhere in the world, for any purpose.
- Release. By participating in the contest, each participant and winner waives any and all claims of liability against the Company, its employees and agents, the contest’s sponsors and their respective employees and agents, for any personal injury or loss which may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the contest, or from the use of any prize. In order to receive a prize, participants must sign an official waiver form provided by the Company.
- Taxes. Any valuation of prizes is based on available information provided to the Company, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner will be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to prizes and for paying any expenses associated with any prize, even those which are not specifically provided for in the official rules. Each winner must provide the Company with valid identification and a social security number, or valid taxpayer identification number, before any prize will be awarded. Any person winning prizes valued at $600 or more from the Company and/or affiliated sponsors will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS. 1099 forms may be sent by the Company and/or affiliated sponsors.
- Conduct and Decisions. By participating in the contest, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of Company personnel. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the contest, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing, or threatening behavior is prohibited. The Company will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the contest, and the Company’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the contest is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference, or any event beyond the control of the Company, the Company reserves the right to terminate the contest or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as the Company deems appropriate. All decisions will be made by the Company and are final. The Company may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately circumvent, disrupt, damage, or undermine the legitimate operation of the contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Company reserve the right to seek civil and/or criminal prosecution and/or damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Miscellaneous. Void where prohibited. Odds of winning depend upon the number of participants. Each winner must submit proof of eligibility and sign the Company’s release form to claim a prize. The Company may substitute prizes, amend contest rules, or discontinue the contest at any time as announced on the radio station(s) involved in the contest. The Company disclaims any responsibility to individually notify participants of any aspect related to the conduct of the contest. For a copy of the rules, or where required by law, a list of winners, visit the participating radio station’s website. All entries become the property of the Company and will not be returned. These General Contesting Rules are blanket coverage for all contests conducted by the Company. Specific contest rules for major contests may be found on the participating radio station’s website. If specific rules are available for a contest, they take precedence over General Contesting Rules.
- Compliance with Law. The conduct of the contest is governed by the applicable laws of the United States of America, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein. The Company shall follow the applicable laws for conducting contests, including notice to the state attorney general or consumer affairs office, posting of a prize bond, furnishing lists of winners, running specific on-air disclaimers, providing specific written information about the contest, etc. as required by local and state law.